James F. Donahue, born in 1957, 6 months before the Practice was started, grew up in St James. Early observation of his boyhood hero and father James L Donahue compelled him to seek a career in Dentistry and after 8 years in North Carolina he returned to St James with an undergrad degree from Duke University and a DDS from The UNC School of Dentistry at Chapel Hill. He completed a General Practice Residency at Stony Brook University hospital and joined the Practice in 1984. He fortunately met his wife Kristen in 1985 who as a Dental Hygienist lent her multiple talents in support of the office until they both retired in 2021. Dr. Donahue was a dental attending at The St Charles Dental Residency Program for 37 years and a long time Trustee of the Village of Nissequogue. He has retired and lives in South Carolina.
James L. Donahue began Practicing Dentistry here at 587 Lake Avenue in 1957. Born in 1929, he grew up in Lynbrook and after having orthodontic treatment as a teen was asked by his orthodontist if he would like to work for him as a lab assistant. That led to an undergrad degree form Adelphi University where he met his wife Cynthia and then on to a DDS from Buffalo College of Dentistry. After a stint as an Army dentist in Tacoma Washington he and Cynnie found the hamlet of St James and bought the Tailor shop on the corner, reworking it as a dental office. The building was renovated in 1963 expanding to its current state. Dr. Donahue retired after 40 years of private practice, was one of the founding Dental Staff members of the St Charles Dental Residency program in Port Jefferson in which he volunteered for over 40 years. He also found time to be elected as Mayor of Nissequogue for two terms and serve on various boards in the Village.